Tuesday, March 4, 2008

AP and UB $1500 Guarantees

I was only able to play 2 tournaments last night: the AP and UB $1500 guaranteed. I played very well in the UB tournament but lost a key race that would have put me about 4th/5th in chips with 18 left. I came over the top of an early position standard raise by one of the tourney chip leaders. I shoved with AcQc and he tanked a bit before calling off about 1/2 his stack with 99. The flop pretty much sealed my fate when he hit another 9 and I missed any possible redraws; essentially drawing dead on the turn. I finished 18th.

In the AP tournament, being card dead and having 2 solid players at my table for the first 2 hours made it very difficult to move up the ladder. I was able to maintain an above average chip stack for the majority of my time in the tourney but ended up losing a flip with AK vs 66 and ended up finishing somewhere in the 60s.

No comments: