Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year and Hello 2009!

Ok, so I haven't blogged in a LONG time. So obviously one of my new year's resolutions will be to blog on a more consistent basis. So there's no better time to start this new trend than with right now.

Let me start off by saying: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The new year has been awesome so far. My 8-8 San Diego Chargers just won their wild card game and move to round 2 to face off against the Steelers next Sunday. Our city is going nuts right now and rightfully so. I just hope some of our key players can heal up from their injuries because traveling to Pittsburgh and winning there is going to be extremely tough.

As for POKER:

Something remarkable happened to me on January 3rd. I was grinding as usual at the .25/.50 NL games on Absolute Poker and I was dealt AdKd. I raised it preflop and got 3 callers. The flop came down: K K K Yes you're reading that correctly, I flopped quads. We all checked the flop and the turn was a 8. I was thinking great, no value on flopped quads, so we all checked around and the river brougth another 8. Now the first player bet $4. I was thinking perfect, maybe I will get some value out of this hand since the board read KKK88 which is a full house for everyone. I raised it to $20.50. The player after me called, but the original bettor moved all in for his remaining $92. I immediately re-raised all in and the player behind me called.

My jaw dropped the second a message box appeared on my screen, it read: ATTENTION PLAYERS: THE BAD BEAT JACKPOT HAS JUST BEEN HIT. WINNING PAYOUTS WILL BE CALCULATED AFTER ALL CURRENT HANDS HAVE BEEN PLAYED OUT. Holy crap! I was the winning hand in the bad beat jackpot on AP!! Whoo-Hoo! My quad Kings beat my opponents quad 8s. I had just won more money than I could ever imagine, and it was while I was playing POKER!

So, my new year was quite memorable and I look forward to setting some new poker goals for myself as well as personal goals. I will talk more about these new goals in my next post. I just wanted to say thanks for reading and look forward to a lot more content in 2009.

Happy New Year and good luck at the tables.

No comments: