Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy NYE 2010

2010 is finally here!  Happy New Year everyone!

So today was the first Sunday grind session of the year.  I ran way below expectation in my opinion as I was coolered multiples times today.  The two biggest tourneys I played today were the PokerStars Sunday Quarter Million and the Absolute Poker "The Dime" tourney.  Obviously the prize pool on Stars was $250K+ and The Dime is a 10K guaranteed but is usually much larger.  Along with these two tourneys, I played a ton of tourneys across the three major sites which also includes Full Tilt Poker.

I made an observation today as I was 12 tabling online tournaments.  12 tables is WAY TOO MANY tables for me to manage.  It's too difficult to pay attention to what the other players are doing as well as making sure I am playing solid poker.  When you have 12 tables and have built some medium stacks, about 60-80BBs, on each table, you really need to pay attention and mix your play up so you don't polarize your preflop range.  From now on, I will try to run 6-8 tourneys and only add new ones to my schedule if I bust out of the early tourneys.

I will also have to start tracking my buy-ins and figuring out my ROI.  This will allow me to track my progress from month to month.  My poker training site, Poker X Factor, provides software to track your results, but it is very clunky and difficult to manage.    I may just end up making a spreadsheet.

So I must have played about 15 to 20 tourneys today.  I think I played very well until I had too many tables opened up at once.  I netted about $200.58 today.  Not bad for micro tourneys.  This number should be a lot higher, but I lost a lot of chips in coolers all day.  I think this is a good start.  I really expect to net about $300 - $400 per Sunday.  I also play a few tourneys during the week but these usually occur during week nights and I get too tired to focus.  I use these to pad my bankroll for the Sunday tournaments.

See you at the tables!  GL

No comments: