Monday, May 19, 2008

Its been a long time...

...Since I have posted on my blog. I have not had much to report in the past couple of months. Ever since I made some final tables to boost my confidence and my bankroll, it seemed like I had hit a brick wall. I either started playing really bad or started getting really unlucky. Who knows...

I am normally not a superstitious type of person but the "cash out curse" came to mind. This is the urban legend in the poker community that states if you win and either withdraw your winnings or transfer them elsewhere, you will become a losing player. The funny thing is, after I had transferred $100 to Ultimate Bet, everything went downhill. Since then, my Ultimate Bet bankroll has been since long gone and my bankroll on Absolute Poker had dwindled down to almost nothing.

I actually took a break and instead of running home to play as many tourneys as possible, I went on a fitness kick. I have changed the way I eat and now exercise on a regular basis. I have lost 15 lbs in two months and I feel physically and mentally stronger than I have in a long while. I think this has cleared my head a bit and brought me back to my winning ways. I have started to grind out more $2 sit n gos and have found a revitalized success. I built my bankroll up a bit in the past couple weeks, feeling like I have been playing some my best poker. So last night I decided to take a shot at a tourney I have only played a few times but have cashed in every single time I have played it. Yes... it was a little out of my bankroll range but I have been running high on confidence as of late so I did not doubt that I could at least make the money.

I did more than that. Last night I hit the biggest cash of my micro stakes poker career. Hopefully with a rebolstered bankroll and a new energized passion for the game, I will have more to post for the few of you that have stumbled onto my little blog.

Ship.

1 comment:

Troy Ohlsson said...

Congrats my friend! Very nice pull! I think that the poker gods talked to the wellness gods and they agreed that you deserve temporary god mode! lol documents.