Thursday, January 17, 2008

Almost back to back final tables

I didn't play much last night. I was a really tired from the night before when I FT'd the $5 tourney so I figured I would look for an early tourney so I could catch up on some ZZZs. When I logged on, the $2 tourney was starting. Perfect! These donkaments are perfect practice for me. The payouts aren't much, but they allow me to try new things when playing a mtt. I was lucky to pick up some big hands early, and found myself in the top 20 in chips for the majority of the first half of the tourney. As we approached the bubble, I found myself very card dead and tried to make some plays that made me bleed off a lot of chips. Once in the money, I just kept shoving my stack all in with marginal hands like AQ, AJ, and small pocket pairs. I was able to survive long enough to cash out in 14th place. Only 5 spots away from back to back final tables. Darn it! So close.

No comments: