Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Broke My Rule

Ok, ok. I broke my rule. I said I wouldn't play anymore cash, but last night my buddy M4NT1S was 2 tabling the .05/.10 NL game and I was compelled to sit down. I bought in for the minimum which is $4 and played a very loose game. Ironically, a few orbits later, M4NT1S had to sit out to go eat dinner; which sucked since he was the only reason I was playing. But while he is gone, I took down a few miscellaneous pots and was able to increase my stack up to about $7.50 or so. That's when I picked up KdQd in the SB. There were probably about 5 limpers by the time it got to me, so I decided to put in a standard raise and make it .30 to go. Everyone that limped called. The flop came down something like Th 5s 7s. I continuation bet for .30 and got 1 caller, his name is MOTELREBRK. The turn was the 9h. So we're HU on the turn and there's two flush draws out there. Figured I would continuation bet and try to take this hand away on the river. I bet .30 and MOTELREBRK min-raised it to .60. I figured he hit the 9 or was on a flush draw. I myself picked up the gut shot straight draw on the turn. The river was my money card, the Jc. I hade made my straight and both flush draws missed. I figured I would make it look like missed a flush draw, even though I had the nuts. I let me timer run down and shoved all in figuring he might call if he thought I had nothing. I got lucky and MOTELREBRK had a set of nines, which was a pretty big hand. He called and doubled me up to over $15. I played a few more hands and then got up. Its nice to run good once in awhile.

No comments: